OUR PART IN RECEIVING GOD’S ANSWERS TO OUR PRAYERS
We play an important part in receiving God’s answers to our prayers, whether His answer is yes, no, or not now. We must first examine ourselves and learn what we need to do in order to hear from Him. ...
Prayerfully study the list below and read the applicable verses to ensure that your heart and life are in line with what the Lord requires from us to partner with Him in prayer. Of course, these hindrances also apply to Intercession (praying for others).
HINDRANCES TO EFFECTIVE PRAYER AND INTERCESSION
1. Unconfessed sin Psalm 66:17-20
2. Selfishness and wrong motives James 4:3
3. Unforgiveness Mark 11:25
4. Unbelief James 1:6-7
5. Not asking in accordance with God’s will 1 John 5:14-15
6. Not abiding in Christ and His Word John 15:7
7. Not asking in Jesus’ name John 16:24
8. Wrong treatment of marriage partner 1 Peter 3:7
9. Not seeking the Kingdom first Matthew 6:33
If you recognize some of these issues in your life, be encouraged that as you come to Him in confession and repentance, He is faithful and just and will forgive you your sins and purify you from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9). Then we have the assurance that our communication with God is heard and will ultimately be answered for His purpose and glory! God bless you!